Today I will do 1shoot decapeptyl for ivf.I need 2know for what it is used&in case a mircle happened &got pregnant naturaly can this shoot affect preg?

Dr. Khurram Rehman
Fertility Medicine

In brief: Not used in USA

Decapeptyl is a gnrh agonist which is used in ivf, in europe / other countries.
It can be a monthly depot injection, or daily subcutaneous injections. The daily version can be used to prevent you from ovulating before an egg retrieval, or in a microdose flare protocol for 'poor responders'. The depot version can be used before frozen embryo or donor egg cycles. Hard to get pregnant after this med.

In brief: Not used in USA

Dr. Khurram Rehman
Dr. Khurram Rehman
2 comments
Dr. Michael Opsahl
Good answer and information
Dr. Robert Lutz
appreciate the information but to her question if she did take a GnRH agonist and then got pregnant later naturally I do not believe there would be any affect to the pregancy
Dr. Robert Lutz

In brief: Unlikely

Have your reproductive specialist doing ivf reassure you but it is to get you pregnant and not there when you are pregnant.

In brief: Unlikely

Dr. Robert Lutz
Dr. Robert Lutz
Dr. Jane Van Dis