I have psoriasis in my ear and it is inflamed, I am using synalar (fluocinolone) otic. I am in pain, what can I do to bring the swelling down, and relieve the pain?

Dr. Tara Passow
Dermatology

In brief: Sounds like infected

The pain and swelling could be caused by a bacterial or other infection.
Those symptoms are not usually caused by the psoriasis. An anti-inflammatory might help the pain and swelling, but i think it'd be best to get medical attention. You might need an oral antibiotic or other precription medication(s).

In brief: Sounds like infected

Dr. Tara Passow
Dr. Tara Passow
Dr. Chris Oh

In brief: Rule out infection

Steroids such as synalar (fluocinolone) are commonly used for psoriasis however if it is inflammed and painful it could be infected in which case steroid will make it worse - please have it looked at by a doctor for possibly antibiotics.

In brief: Rule out infection

Dr. Chris Oh
Dr. Chris Oh
Dr. Jonathan Jassey