I would like preventative or alternative treatment for senile purpora. The slightest scratch on my forearms brings on a big purple/red spot. ?

Dr. Martin Linder
In brief: Sun damage
Your bruising symptoms are most commonly the result of irreversible damage to the skin from prior sun exposure.
The only treatment is to avoid trauma to the affected areas of skin. Using sunscreen will prevent further damage. If excessive bruising is also noted in non sun exposed skin especially if associated with other signs of clotting problems such as bleeding gums or nosebleeds see your doctor.

In brief: Sun damage
Dr. Martin Linder
Dr. Martin Linder