I started my period on the 5th of this month. It's the 19th . My boyfriend and i had sexual intercourse last night and this morning i'm spotting?

Dr. Jane Van Dis

In brief: Question

You're likely spotting due to hormone imbalance, the ratio of Progesterone to estrogen in your female reproductive tract.
Another possibility is that there's a low level infection (hpv, for instance) on your cervix that's causing post-coital spotting. An exam with your gynecologist and making sure you're up to date on your pap would be a good idea. Bottom line: see doctor to rule out pre-cancer.

In brief: Question

Dr. Jane Van Dis
Dr. Jane Van Dis
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham