Every so many months I get painful sores around the lips of my vagina and my anus but the doctor says its just a rash what could be the problen ?

Dr. Margot Watson
Gynecology

In brief: Herpes

These symptoms sound most typical for herpes, but herpes does not look like a rash.
If you have had blood work and cultures which have ruled out herpes, then it could be behcet's syndrome, allergic reaction, or a reaction to medication, chemicals or clothing.

In brief: Herpes

Dr. Margot Watson
Dr. Margot Watson
Dr. Keegan Duchicela

In brief: Get 2nd opinion

This might be herpes - and while it's not curable, outbreaks can be controlled with antiviral medication.
Have your doctor see the rash while you're having a breakout, and it doesn't hurt to get a second opinion or see a dermatologist for confirmation. Good luck!

In brief: Get 2nd opinion

Dr. Keegan Duchicela
Dr. Keegan Duchicela