I was on cipro (ciprofloxacin) for a UTI I took all the meds but when I urinate it cramp bad and my backs hurt severly what could be the problem?

Dr. George Klauber
Pediatrics - Urology

In brief: See your Dr.

Firstly, you may still have a uti, either because the organism was resistant to Cipro (ciprofloxacin) or it aquired resistance before UTI was eliminated.
Secondly the UTI may have reached the kidney(s). This can be serious, so you should see your dr. Asap to avoid kidney damage. Good luck.

In brief: See your Dr.

Dr. George Klauber
Dr. George Klauber
Dr. Keegan Duchicela

In brief: Resistance

Sometimes bacteria are resistant to the antibiotics we give.
Please let your doctor know that you're still having symptoms - they might have to switch to a different antibiotic.

In brief: Resistance

Dr. Keegan Duchicela
Dr. Keegan Duchicela
Dr. Jane Van Dis