My 8 month old has suffered allergies sense birth and we have tried countless medicines what else can I do to help his allergies?

Dr. Bac Nguyen

In brief: Food allergies

At 8 month old, he is not likely to be suffering from seasonal allergies yet.
..As allergies require prior exposure. Since he is 8 month-old, he has not gone through 2 of same season yet.."countless medicines" for 8 monh-old is concerning.. It is possible that he may be allergic/intolerant to certain foods and so working with his doc may help you figure out ways to manage that. Good luck.

In brief: Food allergies

Dr. Bac Nguyen
Dr. Bac Nguyen

In brief: Don't assume allergy

If I blow pepper in your face, you sneeze & drain the same as those with allergy.
I find babies have more congestion with scented cleaning products, perfume, smoke & other irritants than they do with animal dander or pollens. The tiny nasal passages that become very noisy with a little mucous or swelling gives many the wrong idea. These are not little copies of adult problems, their issues differ

In brief: Don't assume allergy

Dr. Martin Ostro
Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology

In brief: Get evaluation

If over the counter meds aren't helping, your baby should be evaluated by an allergist who can determine what allergies the baby has and which combination of medications are needed to control the symptoms.

In brief: Get evaluation

Dr. Martin Ostro
Dr. Martin Ostro
Dr. Adam Smith