I have pain in my right knee. In the muscle just above the knee cap to the right, close to the knee cap. Hurts after I apply pressure. I am an athlete?

Vastus lateralis. Part of the quadriceps. Youcould either have a vastus lateralis strain or insertional tendinitis of the lateral quads tendon.
Quad muscle. This sounds like the vastus lateralis muscle which is one of the quadriceps muscles. This can be painful with a strain injury to the muscle or tendon injury called a tendinosis if it has been going on for a while.
Q 4 ORTHO, SPORTS. I will refer your question to specialists in orhthopedics and sports medicine. @drpam.