My son is 1 years old(normal weight)and his ped said he has an inverted penis.Is this caused from his circumsision?Should he get sugery or wait?

Dr. Hrair-George Mesrobian
Pediatrics - Urology

In brief: Yes but

You should consult with a pediatric urologist.
If he recommends surgery, now is the ideal time to have this repaired. Both for psychological reasons and to obtain good results.

In brief: Yes but

Dr. Hrair-George Mesrobian
Dr. Hrair-George Mesrobian
Dr. George Klauber
In my opinion, surgery is not usually necessary, however, this is the best age for corrective surgery if truly necessary.
Dr. George Klauber
Pediatrics - Urology

In brief: Hidden penis

Push down on the pubic area on either side of the penis, which should cause it to "pop" out.
Hidden penis is usually due to a prominent fat pad around the penis + penile skin being very loosely attached to the shaft +/- adhesions between shaft skin and glans. Surgery is seldom necessary. I see many patients for 2nd opinion after unnecessary surgery has been advised. I usually advise waiting.

In brief: Hidden penis

Dr. George Klauber
Dr. George Klauber
Dr. George Klauber
I would be happy to discuss this with you directly on the phone or via email
Dr. Cindy Juster