What is the rattle noise upon exhaling when my toddler has a respiratory infection? Should I continue the albuterol breathing treatments?

Dr. Yash Khanna

In brief: Rattle noise exhalin

I think what you are describing is wheezing and your pediatrician has prescribed Albuterol Inhalation for it.
Did you ask the doc if your child has asthma and if it is, you need to get educated to take care of your child.Asthma is an inflammatory disease of the bronchi and you need proper treatment with inhaled steroids and albuterol, unless he is being treated for bronchiolitis.

In brief: Rattle noise exhalin

Dr. Yash Khanna
Dr. Yash Khanna
Dr. Gregory Bussell
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery

In brief: May be asthma

Noisy breathing with exhaling is usually due to the lungs.
If your child has asthma or reactive airway disease you should continue your nebulizer as prescribed by your doctor until the noise clears.

In brief: May be asthma

Dr. Gregory Bussell
Dr. Gregory Bussell
Dr. Aaron Milstone
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Pulmonology