I had strep throat a month ago and developed a rash all over my legs and arms. It is itchy and seems to be getting worse. What could it be?

Dr. Dina Strachan
Dermatology

In brief: Rash with Strep

It sounds as if you may have developed guttate psoriasis which commonly presents after a strep infection.
There are other conditions, such as syphilis, which also present with sore throat and a rash. Be sure to get evaluated by a doctor, preferably a dermatologist, who will be familiar with the differential diagnosis.

In brief: Rash with Strep

Dr. Dina Strachan
Dr. Dina Strachan
Dr. Yash Khanna
Strep throat can cause rash due to the infection itself and is not that uncommon.It is called scalatina rash and it can be itchy sometimes and it is self limiting as long as you have been treated with a full course of antibiotics.Syphlis does not present with sore throat and rash,the rash in syphilis is late occurance,
Dr. Mark Diamond

In brief: New Infection??

Is this a new rash or left over from the old.
If new, it could be strep. It could be eczema. There are too many unknowns here. Need to discuss with your doctor.

In brief: New Infection??

Dr. Mark Diamond
Dr. Mark Diamond