How do I control gas when taking fish oil supplements?

Gallbladder support. There are two answers. 1. The fish oil you are consuming may be rancid or processed poorly. 2. Bile is produced in the liver and stored in the gallbladder. One of bile's functions is to assist fat absorption. Bile is released when fat is detected in the upper GI tract. Insufficient gall-bladder function or bile production may lead to gas or burping as the fat is not fully absorbed.
Change med type. For some patients, fish oil cause them to repeat. Yes, its uncomfortable. Try changing the brand, make sure it is enteric coated to prevent that. If that does not work you can try barlean's liquid (it is pretty good tasting even to kids). They have epa, dha or ala types depending on which you need.
Stop taking them. Krill oil and fish oil are the new snake oil, both are high in omega 3 fatty acids which are extremely fragile. Omega 3 fish oils reduce triglycerides by impairing the liver's ablility to make them. However the oxidative stress caused by fish oil actually raises LDL cholesterol. Some day we may use the phrase "this is just more fish /krill oil" or "here comes the fish/krill oil salesman".