Would baby shampoo be good for an itchy scalp?

Maybe. It is well tolerated so that it will not make the condition worse. If however there is an inflammed scalp or psoriasis, or dandruff a medicated shampoo containing salicylic acid, tar, zinc or selenium sulfide may be better. Try the baby shampoo and see how it works for you.
No. Baby shampoo is made for babies, i.e. It won't sting if it gets in their eyes. It contains no active ingredients for an itchy scalp. Try a shampoo containing salicylic acid, tar, selenium sulfide, or zinc pyrithione. If that doesn't work, a dermatologist can give you a prescription shampoo.