What is the name of the disease where a baby or child's bones break easily?

In brief: O.I.

. It is a genetic disorder where bones break for no apparent reason. There are different types, all varying in severity.

In brief: O.I.

Dr. Josephine Ruiz-Healy
Dr. Josephine Ruiz-Healy

In brief: Osteogenisis imperfe

The lengthy name is osteogenisis imperfecta, translated means imperfect bone generation.
It comes in a vrietyofforms from very severe & likely not to survive the first month or milder forms that are compadible with longer survival.

In brief: Osteogenisis imperfe

Dr. Bac Nguyen

In brief: Osteogenesis imperfe

Osteogenesis imperfecta aka lobstein disease, brittle bone disease, blue sclera syndrome, and fragile bone syndrome.
I learned about this condition, but fortunately never had to take care of a child/adult living with this condition..In severe case, a multidisciplinary approach is need to care for such a complicated condition.. Have fun learning about it..

In brief: Osteogenesis imperfe

Dr. Bac Nguyen
Dr. Bac Nguyen
Dr. Thomas Riney

In brief: Breaking bone diseas

Ostogenesis imperfecta has several forms.
It is fairly rare and used to be misdiagnosed as child abuse. Occasionally unscrupulous lawyers try to blame this disease for injuries caused by child abusers.

In brief: Breaking bone diseas

Dr. Thomas Riney
Dr. Thomas Riney