What is the best supplement to give to a child 4 yrs old with trouble sleeping? Melatonin? Fish oil?

Why cant he sleep? First of all, try to find the cause for your child sleep problem. Does he take naps late afternoon? Does he rough house or play sports right before sleep? Does he drink cola, tea or other sources of caffeine. Does he have a set bed time? Tv before bed? Keep in mind his own computer, his brain, has to power down and he needs at least 45 min to do this. Go to bed and wake up at the same time daily.