What is the difference between MRI contrast and CT scan contrast? I have a MRI tomorrow and afraid of contrast bc CT contrast made me tremor bad.

Dr. Piotr Obara
Radiology

In brief: Not same

Mri contast gadolinium does not contain iodine while ct contrast contains iodine.
An allergic reaction to ct contrast does not mean that you will have a reaction to gadolinium during your MRI scan. True allergies to the MRI contrast are exrtremely rare; however, you may still experience some symptoms like feeling lightheaded or nauseated due to the injection. Good luck with the exam!

In brief: Not same

Dr. Piotr Obara
Dr. Piotr Obara
Dr. Eric Weisman