What can I do about my 4 month old baby's eczema?

Dr. Paul Carter
Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology
In brief: See an Allergist
Eczema in infancy is often associated with a food allergy.
Even when it is not, your allergist can give you excellent advice on gentle skin care, moisturizing, and appropriate medications. If there is a food allergy, avoidance may dramatically improve the rash.

In brief: See an Allergist
Dr. Paul Carter
Dr. Paul Carter
Dr. Jennifer Haley
Dermatology
In brief: Avoid soap
#1 before reaching for Hydrocortisone or rx meds is to avoid soap.
Babies that age do not need soap which will dry skin out further. As soon as he/she is done bathing, generously apply vanicream moisturizer 1-2x daily all over. Otc Hydrocortisone can be applied to active eczema under the moisturizer and if not improved in 2 weeks, see a dermatologist for eval and to rule out infection.

In brief: Avoid soap
Dr. Jennifer Haley
Dr. Jennifer Haley
Dr. Jonathan Jassey