If i had HIV 2 would my HIV 1 western blot be intermediate after 1 year of exposure? I got a negative western blot and naat test for hiv.

Dr. Robert Killian
General Practice

In brief: MIstreatment?

Any doctor who diagnosed you with a positive HIV test should be sending the HIV RNA test and not just the western blot test.
You are in the U.S. You need a smarter or more experienced doctor for this. You have been left out to worry for over one year and it appears not once been given the right test. I don't know your personal life story and what your exposure was.

In brief: MIstreatment?

Dr. Robert Killian
Dr. Robert Killian
Dr. Arnon Rubin