Sudden sharp-shooting pain at the gums around my wisdom tooth especially the back part. Not sensitive to touch and temperature. ?

Dr. Gary Sandler
Dentistry

In brief: See a dentist

See a dentist to evaluate not only the wisdom tooth but the adjacent teeth and surrounding gums.
We can't diagnose or treat you over the internet. This requires a one on one clinical exam and x-rays by a local dentist.

In brief: See a dentist

Dr. Gary Sandler
Dr. Gary Sandler

In brief: Gum infected?

Could be pericoronitis, an infection/inflammation of the tissue surrounding the wisdom tooth.
Food may have been trapped there, broke down and an infection has occurred. Hard to say, though. I would get to a dentist/oral surgeon asap before it flares up.

In brief: Gum infected?

Dr. Jeffrey Bassman
Dr. Jeffrey Bassman