What are the chances of my child becoming an alcoholic if I am an alcoholic?

In brief: Higher...

...Than in the general population, and higher still if the child grows up in a household centered on alcohol.

In brief: Higher...

Dr. Anatoly Belilovsky
Dr. Anatoly Belilovsky

In brief: Behavior breeds same

Whether you chain smoke, drink to excess, overeat, yell at your kids constantly, or anything else, you set the "normal" for your kids.
How could you expect your kid not to model the same behavior of the parent(s) they grow up loving. In the same way, ending the issue during their childhood can show them how to combat a problem.

In brief: Behavior breeds same

Dr. Cindy Juster