What are the chances of a baby contracting add if only one parent has add?

Dr. Chris Esguerra
In brief: Some chance
There is robust evidence of the genetic heritability of adhd.
Twin studies and family studies point to a genetic heritability of up to 60%. A sibling of a child with adhd has a 3x increase of risk for adhd.

In brief: Some chance
Dr. Chris Esguerra
Dr. Chris Esguerra
Dr. Robert Marvit
In brief: Slim
The genetic link forvadd is weak if at all.

In brief: Slim
Dr. Robert Marvit
Dr. Robert Marvit
Dr. Howard Gurr
Clinical Psychology
In brief: ADHD inherited?
There is a genetic component to ADHD.
Some studies have indicated that 1/3 of fathers who have ADHD will have children who also have ADHD. I don't have information on the genetic influence of mothers.

In brief: ADHD inherited?
There is a genetic component to ADHD.
Dr. Howard Gurr
Dr. Howard Gurr
Dr. Johanna Fricke
Pediatrics - Developmental & Behavioral
In brief: High
I agree with Dr. Esguerra.
Having a parent with ADHD confers a 70% risk . Even if yours was the primarily inattentive type seen in 70% of girls with ADHD, your child could have one of the other types, as well. (S)he won't contract it; it's not contagious. However, good routines, consistent parenting & modeling problem-solving will help modify the expression of the gene(s).

In brief: High
I agree with Dr. Esguerra.
Dr. Johanna Fricke
Dr. Johanna Fricke
Dr. Cindy Juster