Should I have hepatitis b, rubella, and flu shots before I try to have a baby?

Dr. Marilynn Frederiksen
Obstetrics & Gynecology - Maternal Fetal Medicine
In brief: Vaccinations
It is better to be vaccinated against rubella and hepatitis b before you get pregnant.
Flu shots are given annually in the fall before the beginning of flu season. Since pregnant women are vulnerable to flu, all pregnant women should have a flu shot.

In brief: Vaccinations
Dr. Marilynn Frederiksen
Dr. Marilynn Frederiksen
In brief: Good idea
I would add a tdap, the booster for whooping cough, diptheria & tetanus to your choices.
The flu vaccine has little carry over from season to season but getting one every year is smart.Your ob/gyn can do a simple test for rubella immunity & tell you if you need a boost.

In brief: Good idea
Dr. Diane Minich
Hep B is a series of 3 shots over 3 months and should be given before pregnancy as well as the MMR.
The flu sht as well as the Tdap can be given during pregnancy.

Dr. Diane Minich
Dr. Diane Minich
Dr. Marsha Davis