My nephew died of meningitis a week ago, and I am planning to visit the family. Is it safe for my 3 month old baby?

In brief: Risk depends on type

Meningitis can be caused by a variety if germs and the potential for spread depends on type.
The physicians involved in your nephews care will have educated the family on risks of transmission & you should call & find out if it is an issue.That is a reasonable call, even to a greaving family. Your 3m should have received vaccines that help protect against 2 of the serious meningitis germs.

In brief: Risk depends on type

Dr. Cindy Juster