My child is gaining too much weight. How do I help her without causing self-esteem problems?

Dr. Arthur Ciaramicoli
Clinical Psychology

In brief: Self Esteem

Try to exercise and eat healthy yourself, when we model health we are far more effective than lecturing our children.
Go for walks together, and depending on her age engage in age appropriate physical activities and make sure you maintain a healthy life style as she is likely to follow your lead. Best.

In brief: Self Esteem

Dr. Arthur Ciaramicoli
Dr. Arthur Ciaramicoli
2 comments
Dr. Bharathi Vayuvegula
Stay away from fast foods and pastries and sodas
Dr. Michael Engel
You control the food in the house. Make good choices when you shop. Plan your meals, and if she's old enough, include your daughter in meal planning.
Dr. Derrick Lonsdale
Preventive Medicine

In brief: Stop all sugar

The reason for obesity in the U.
S. is standard American diet that spells sad. Get rid of all the "junk" particularly the sugar, soft drinks, (particularly "diet"} and commercial fruit juice. We raise our children with the idea that sugar is harmless. Please go to my blog "Oxygen the spark of life" that you can Google.

In brief: Stop all sugar

The reason for obesity in the U.
Dr. Derrick Lonsdale
Dr. Derrick Lonsdale
Dr. Peter Kurzweil