My 3 year old son has croup and he is coughing everywhere. How can I keep him away from my 6 month baby?

Dr. Jason Adler
Pediatrics - Critical Care
In brief: Croup
It is challenging for a family to isolate one sibling from another when one is sick.
The most important thing is for all family members to adhere to good hand washing to try to prevent the spread of respiratory droplets. Even if this is followed, it is common for family members to acquire a viral infection afflicting another member of the family, so do not become discouraged if this happens.

In brief: Croup
Dr. Jason Adler
Dr. Jason Adler
Dr. Robert Fink
In brief: Wash hands often
Frequent hand washing or use of an alcohol based hand sanitizer is your first line of defense.
Viruses are spread more by hand contact than by coughing. Limiting contact between the infant and sick family members also helps but can be difficult to achieve in many homes.

In brief: Wash hands often
Dr. Robert Fink
Dr. Robert Fink
Dr. Cindy Juster