My 3 year old son has croup and he is coughing everywhere. How can I keep him away from my 6 month baby?

Dr. Jason Adler
Pediatrics - Critical Care

In brief: Croup

It is challenging for a family to isolate one sibling from another when one is sick.
The most important thing is for all family members to adhere to good hand washing to try to prevent the spread of respiratory droplets. Even if this is followed, it is common for family members to acquire a viral infection afflicting another member of the family, so do not become discouraged if this happens.

In brief: Croup

Dr. Jason Adler
Dr. Jason Adler
Dr. Robert Fink

In brief: Wash hands often

Frequent hand washing or use of an alcohol based hand sanitizer is your first line of defense.
Viruses are spread more by hand contact than by coughing. Limiting contact between the infant and sick family members also helps but can be difficult to achieve in many homes.

In brief: Wash hands often

Dr. Robert Fink
Dr. Robert Fink
Dr. Jonathan Jassey