Painful lump on right side above ribcage?

Needs to be seen. Please have your doc take a look. It could be a variety of things, e.g., lymph gland, cyst, etc. Peace and good health.
See a doctor. Anything that's painful and causes you worry should be examined by a doctor. Be well.