Is it possible for a woman to have a heart attack, then later get pregnant and have a healthy baby?

Dr. Brian Mott
Surgery - Thoracic

In brief: Why not?

As long as you didn't have any serious damage to your heart muscle, don't have any residual untreated blockages and are otherwise healthy overall, should be possible.
Please check with your cardiologist before you consider stopping birth control and actively pursue pregnancy.

In brief: Why not?

Dr. Brian Mott
Dr. Brian Mott
Dr. Bennett Werner
Internal Medicine - Cardiology

But it's exceptionally uncommon for a premenopausal woman to have heart attack unless she has diabetes, smokes, uses Cocaine or has a rare disease.
That said, if health is otherwise good and heart disease has been treated and is stable, it is generally possible to successfully carry a child to term. I can't comment on the specifics for you though. Be evaluated.

Dr. Bennett Werner
Dr. Bennett Werner
Dr. Adam Levy