Is it good for a 6 month old baby girl to get her ears pierced?

Dr. MARK LONG

In brief: NO, but not BAD

It is neither good nor bad.
It is purely cosmetic and to enhance your enjoyment of your child. I would strongly recommend you seek out a pediatrician that does ear piercing using sterile medical plastic studs with decorative tops. Mall earring studs have many metal components and are not sterile. This leads to the potential of infection and metal allergies that will haunt the child for life.

In brief: NO, but not BAD

It is neither good nor bad.
Dr. MARK LONG
Dr. MARK LONG
Dr. Laura Webb

In brief: Neutral

Its neither good or bad- purely your choice.
I would advise, however not piercing babies younger than 4 months. This is because in the first couple months of life if a baby has a fever doctors need to test blood, spinal fluid and urine to rule out any infection. I would hate a baby who has a little infection from piercing going through all those invasive tests!

In brief: Neutral

Dr. Laura Webb
Dr. Laura Webb
Dr. Shontae Buffington