Is a child at high risk for getting Crohn's disease if either parent has crohn's?

IBD. According to one source, if one parent has ibd the risk of the child to have it is 9%.
Yes. Crohn's disease has many genetic components so it is too complicated to say for sure what the risk is that your children will get crohns. However the risk is definitely elevated above the general population--perhaps a 5-10 fold risk above someone else of your same ethnic background. No screening is necessary but if the child has GI complaints they should be checked out.
Probably higher! Pts with crohn's are greatly at risk for spondylitis. Mild manifestations frequently are diagnosed with irritable bowel syndrome. Increased frequency of bms, might suggest this. Virtually all patients with spondyloarhitis have histologic inflammtion of the bowel, without major sx!