If your not supposed to give children's aspirin to kids, then why do they still make it and sell it?

In brief: Still a good med
As with many medications, we discover over time that some complications require avoidance or close monitoring.
A dramatically good acne med can cause liver injury if its not monitored or birth defects in a pregnant woman but it works well.A drug that causes birth defects is used with some patients to keep their cancer from recurring.Having important benefits is why some dangerous meds are made.

In brief: Still a good med
Dr. John Goldman
You avoid aspirin in a child if they have the flu - but there are settings where it would be used. You need to discuss this with your pediatrician. I suspect the baby dose is used more for adult cardio-protection. I agree with Dr. Ferguson
Dr. Mark Stern
Internal Medicine - Cardiology
In brief: Other uses-low dose
It is called low dose Aspirin and it has other uses, including protection against heart attack and stroke.

In brief: Other uses-low dose
Dr. Mark Stern
Dr. Mark Stern
Dr. Bennett Werner
Internal Medicine - Cardiology
In brief: Actually...
I don't think they even call it "children's aspirin" anymore.
It's called "low dose" Aspirin now and it's very popular for preventing heart disease.

In brief: Actually...
Dr. Bennett Werner
Dr. Bennett Werner
Dr. Cindy Juster