If your child has lice, do you have to wash all the sheets and stuffed animals too?

In brief: Yes.

And treat the entire family.

In brief: Yes.

And treat the entire family.
Dr. Josephine Ruiz-Healy
Dr. Josephine Ruiz-Healy
Dr. Michael Fisher
Dermatology

In brief: Head lice

Head lice are spread most commonly by direct head-to-head (hair-to-hair) contact.
However, much less frequently they are spread by sharing clothing or belongings onto which lice have crawled or nits attached to shed hairs may have fallen. The risk of getting infested by a louse that has fallen onto a carpet or furniture is very small. Head lice survive less than 1-2 days if they fall off a person.

In brief: Head lice

Dr. Michael Fisher
Dr. Michael Fisher

In brief: Try dryer

For things like stuffed animals, you can avoid waterlogging the precious pet by tossing the bunch in the dryer. I find the heat will eliminate the lice quickly.
Uxse a high heat setting.

In brief: Try dryer

Uxse a high heat setting.