If I had a wart on my foot when I was a child, does that means I have hpv?

But not the same kind as what causes cervical cancer.
It also may be from a non-hpv wart virus.

Dr. Nicholas Fogelson
Dr. Nicholas Fogelson
Dr. Ellen Wenzel
Podiatry

In brief: Yes...BUT

You are probably wondering if you have "the" hpv that known as an std and genital warts.
Warts to the feet are caused by the human pappilomavirus. However, this is a different type than the one(s) that causes genital warts. There are more than 100 known strains of hpv in total of which around 40 or so cause the warts of the genital area.

In brief: Yes...BUT

Dr. Ellen Wenzel
Dr. Ellen Wenzel
Dr. Michael Fisher
Dermatology

In brief: Warts and HPV

Common warts are actually an infection in the top layer of skin, caused by viruses in the human papillomavirus, or hpv, family.
When the virus invades this outer layer of skin, usually through a tiny scratch, it causes rapid growth of cells on the outer layer of skin – creating the wart. Your common wart was treated so there is no longer the hpv on your foot.

In brief: Warts and HPV

Dr. Michael Fisher
Dr. Michael Fisher