If I eat a carrot a day, how long will it take for my eyesight to improve?

Dr. Richard Bensinger
Ophthalmology
In brief: Forever
Carrots contain carotenoids which are an essential component of visual light receptive pigments in the eye.
Almost all diets have enough of this that deficiency is extremely rare and is found in this country only in bizarre fad diets. If you vision is suboptimal you should be evaluated by an ophthalmologist and not wait for eating carrots to improve things as that will be a long wait.

In brief: Forever
Dr. Richard Bensinger
Dr. Richard Bensinger
Dr. Brad Lipson
This is a type of antioxidant which you can measure and take supplements for as well. See the Pharmanex BioPhotnic Scanner as featured recently on Dr Oz
Dr. Jonathan Jassey