My med history antisocial personality disorder needs correcting -asked therapist for 10 yrs -for gad and bipolar- to write correction but she wrote axis II deferred -would u infer likely 'true'?

Dr. Linda Callaghan
Addiction Medicine

In brief: No.

An axis ii deferred simply means the evaluator is not sure what or whether there is a personality disorder.

In brief: No.

Dr. Linda Callaghan
Dr. Linda Callaghan
Dr. Jane Steiner
Dr Callaghan is totally correct. Furthermore, writing that in the diagnosis is very typical ( very common, I mean) and that was probably a good way for your therapist to make the change.

In brief: I am not really

Sure what you are asking.
But i normally put axis ii as deferred if a diagnosis of personality disorder is not made. This is not considered a negative to defer on axis ii.

In brief: I am not really

Sure what you are asking.
Dr. Daryl Tanski

In brief: Deferred on axis 2

The safest assumption that the c clinician did not have enough information to make a diagnosis on axis 2 the current condition of the diagnostic and statistical manual has recommended abandoning the axis one through five system.

In brief: Deferred on axis 2

Dr. Daryl Tanski
Dr. Daryl Tanski
Dr. Eric Weisman