I think my 1 year old baby has shingles. Isn't that too young?

In brief: It happens/rare

Shingles that young would imply that mother had chickenpox during pregnancy or that the kid had it in the first months of life.
There are many blister producing illnesses that might seem to be shingles.If what you see is on both sides of the body, its not shingles. This process emerges in an localized area on one side only.

In brief: It happens/rare

Dr. Patrick Hieber

In brief: Herpes Zoster

That would be most unusual , as shingles (herpes zoster) is the localized re-eruption of the chickenpox virus (varicella).
Most infants have trans-placental anti-varicella antibody that protects them from chickenpox until at least 6 months of age. The antibody levels decline gradually to non-protective levels by 1 year which is why the first varicella vaccine is usually given at 1 yr of age.

In brief: Herpes Zoster

Dr. Patrick Hieber
Dr. Patrick Hieber