I have really dry skin, so I use baby oil, but I heard that it is not good to do. What is the true fact?

Dr. Joseph Eastern
Dermatology
In brief: Disagree
With all respect, i know of no credible evidence that mineral oil does any of the horrible things claimed in the previous answer. I know you'll find similar stuff all over the internet, none by physicians, with no evidence to support it.
The fda classifies it as "generally safe for human contact and consumption". Whatever you use for dry skin, apply it after bathing while skin is still moist.

In brief: Disagree
Dr. Joseph Eastern
Dr. Joseph Eastern
Dr. Michael Fisher
Dermatology
In brief: Mineral oil
Mineral oil coats the skin like plastic wrap, disrupting the skin's natural immune barrier and inhibiting its ability to breathe and absorb the 'natural moisture factor' (moisture and nutrition).
" in addition, mineral oil attracts needed moisture from cells deep inside your skin. This means that cell renewal is slowed, collagen breaks down, and the connective tissue is destroyed.

In brief: Mineral oil
Dr. Michael Fisher
Dr. Michael Fisher
Dr. Cindy Juster