I had asthma as a baby and my mom said I grew out of it, but i'm 18 now and lately I can't breathe as well?

Dr. Sue Ferranti

In brief: Asthma...

It is possible to go for long periods of time, years even, without any symptoms of asthma and then to have an acute exacerbation of asthma.
So, this could very well be due to your asthma. You should see your doctor so you can be evaluated and treated.

In brief: Asthma...

Dr. Sue Ferranti
Dr. Sue Ferranti
Dr. Gary Steven
Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology

In brief: Not uncommon

For childhood asthmatics, asthma often takes a break during adolescence, only to come back in the late teens, 20s, 30s or even later. There is no way to predict how bad the asthma will get, but we do know that the better you take care of it and the more effort you put into avoiding the allergens that trigger your asthma, the much better off you will be in the long run.

In brief: Not uncommon

Dr. Gary Steven
Dr. Gary Steven
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine