I got the shingles 3 days ago. Should I still make food for a baby shower?

In brief: You decide
Shingles differs a lot from chickenpox.
Only the debris from the weeping sores will carry any contagious particles. It is not in your saliva & does not get airborne in a cough. As long as you can be sure not to contaminate any of the material you make, and cover the sores while visiting, you are fine to share & enjoy the occasion.

In brief: You decide
Shingles differs a lot from chickenpox.
Dr. Jeb Teichman
As long as you practice good hand hygiene and the lesions are in a place that can be covered it's ok for you to be around other olks.
That being said as an added precaution i would recommend not being around folks with low immunity like patients on chemotherapy, people on anti rejection medicine or HIV patients.

Dr. Jeb Teichman
Dr. Jeb Teichman