I broke my baby toe 2 weeks ago, and now it is tingly and feels like pins and needles. What's happening?

Dr. Oliver Wang
Podiatry
In brief: Swelling
After fractures there is swelling that occurs to bring healing cells to the fracture site.
The swelling can stretch nerves and cause pressure on them which can lead to tingling and numbness. It should resolve with rest, ice, compression, and elevation.

In brief: Swelling
Dr. Oliver Wang
Dr. Oliver Wang
Dr. Yash Khanna
In brief: Broke baby toe
You mean you broke little toe and your symptoms are not unusual.
When you break a toe it gets taped with the next toe and if the fracture is not complicated it heals.Some times the nerves are involved and you can have the symptoms you mentioned but they are only trasient and as the swelling goes down and healing takes place they go away.No treatment is needed.

In brief: Broke baby toe
Dr. Yash Khanna
Dr. Yash Khanna
Dr. Jonathan Jassey