I am a male and wondering if I am allowed to have unprotected sex to have a child, if I have hepatitis c?

Dr. John Leander Po
Internal Medicine - Infectious Disease

In brief: Risk lower than HIV

There is some question on the transmission of hcv in a serodiscordant couples - with little if any virus found in seminal fluid - however, if sexual practice incurs small tears in the skin, then blood exposure is possible.
A study in 2003 (sex transm infect 2003;79:160–162) demonstrated no hcv transmission in serodiscordant couples. Based on current data , go ahead.

In brief: Risk lower than HIV

Dr. John Leander Po
Dr. John Leander Po
Dr. Patrick Hieber

In brief: Hepatitis C

Yes, the risk of transmission of hepatitis c during vaginal intercourse is thought be negligable and is not contraindicated for couple desiring to concieve a child

In brief: Hepatitis C

Dr. Patrick Hieber
Dr. Patrick Hieber
Dr. Jonathan Jassey