Awful low back pain. Scoliosis. L4-l5 bulging disc. 1 year last time pain. Hurts to walk, sit, do anything. Radiates to thighs. What's causing this?

Lumbar Muscle Spasm. If you have a bulging disc at l-4/l-5 probably irritated a nerve by twisting, bending, lifting, etc. Now have spasm compressing the nerves.
Spine Injury. This chronic pain in the distribution as you suggested is the result of an irritated nerve or facet joints or other injury typically in the lumbar spine (low back) which are caused by herniated disks, spinal stenosis or degenerative disc disease, etc requiring further evaluation by a spine specialist.