How many times can a child get fifth disease?

In brief: Once
However, it is a pattern illness, meaning we look at the pattern of symptoms and the pattern of the rash, to come up with the diagnosis.
Few, outside of a research facility would have blood tests to verify the illness. Sometimes the label is applied when it is not the real deal. I can see where someone might think they had it more than once.

In brief: Once
Dr. Alfredo Garcia
In brief: Fifth disease
Fifth disease, also called erythema infectiosum, is caused by parvovirus b19.
Infection with it confers lifelong immunity. That means that once you get infected, you will not get reinfected if re-exposed. Avoid exposure to any pregnant non-immune woman who may develop the disease and cause complications to her unborn child.

In brief: Fifth disease
Dr. Alfredo Garcia
Dr. Alfredo Garcia
Dr. Jonathan Jassey