I have heartburn, difficulty/painful swallowing, feels like there's something stuck in my throat, chest pain/tightness and a cough. What could it be?

Dr. Charles Cattano
Internal Medicine - Gastroenterology

In brief: Globus sensation?

Sounds like you experience the feeling of a ball or lump in the back of your throat that you have to swallow past? If so, this is "globus.
" alternatively, you may have laryngo-esophaeal reflux without heartburn. Sometimes, the actual swallowing mechanism may be impaired due to "spasms" or dysmotility. A gastroenterologist or ear-nose-throat specialist is a good starting point for evaluation.

In brief: Globus sensation?

Dr. Charles Cattano
Dr. Charles Cattano
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine