How many parents try a gluten free and casein free diet for children with autism?

Dr. Arthur Hoffman

In brief: TOO many

Sadly autism is complicated, not terribly well understood yet-though quite a bit better. And there are too many false hopes that go viral.
Please have a thorough, comfortable discussion with a physician that struggles with helping in what can be a pernicious malady for not only the child, but the immediate and even extended family.

In brief: TOO many

Dr. Arthur Hoffman
Dr. Arthur Hoffman
Dr. Glen Elliott
I have never seen exact numbers, and it undoubtedly varies markedly across the country. If parents wish to try a G/C-free diet, I send to someone expert on that process; but, relatively few have had dramatic benefits, and I have yet to see a "cure" of autism as a result.
Dr. Glen Elliott
Pediatrics - Psychiatry

In brief: Can't find answer

I am unaware of any study that has reported the number of parents who have tried a g/c-free diet with their autistic child.
The number is probably pretty high and certainly varies across the country. Bigger question is how helpful it is. There, answers vary widely, depending on the source. What is clear is that it does not *cure* autism and that it is a rigorous regimen.

In brief: Can't find answer

Dr. Glen Elliott
Dr. Glen Elliott
Dr. Shontae Buffington