What can I take for pain? My teeth are aching and sensitive. My dentist says it's most likely due to pregnancy, but my mouth is is constant pain.

Dr. James Barrer
Dentistry

In brief: Desensitizing paste

Pregnancy can often make your teeth and gums more sensitive.
I would try a desensitizing toothpaste to see if that helps. Good oral hygiene is especially important to decrease any flareups with gum swelling and sensitivity.

In brief: Desensitizing paste

Dr. James Barrer
Dr. James Barrer
Dr. Saleh Elahwal
Please have in mind due to your prgenancy you have to avoid certain pain killers and antibiotics .. Please consult with your dr and definitely no aspirin ..
Dr. Howard Spector
Dentistry - Orthodontics

In brief: Tooth Sensitivity

I am not sure that this has anything to do with your pregnancy.
Did you have alot of morning sickness? The acid may have eroded your teeth. Try a desensitizing toothpaste (ie. Sensodyne) to see if that helps. Typically, this takes a few weeks to work . Apply the toothpaste with a q-tip instead of a toothbrush, which is less aggressive. Let the paste sit on your teeth for 5 minutes at a time.

In brief: Tooth Sensitivity

Dr. Howard Spector
Dr. Howard Spector
Dr. Arnold Malerman
Dentistry - Orthodontics

In brief: Oral pain

Have you been clenching or grinding? Have you been purging a lot? If your Dentist is unable to determine cause, perhaps a 2nd opinion will help clarify.

In brief: Oral pain

Dr. Arnold Malerman
Dr. Arnold Malerman
Dr. Gary Sandler
Dentistry

In brief: Pregnancy-tooth pain

Pregnancy by or in itself should not cause teeth to be sensitive.
Clenching, bruxism, poor oral hygiene, gingivitis, or other dental problems can however be some possible causes. When were you last x-rays? Yes, although we try to avoid them when patients are pregnant, you should have a comprehensive exam. Discuss this issue with your ob\gyn and dentist (or see another dentist for second opinion).

In brief: Pregnancy-tooth pain

Dr. Gary Sandler
Dr. Gary Sandler

In brief: Grinding/clenching??

Could be a combination of issues- grinding, clenching, increased gum tissue swelling due to hormone changes with pregnancy.
Not a good idea to be medicated. Possibly a soft mouthpiece to wear during day and night to ease the pressure. Consider seeing a dr. If dentistry is not the entire answer.

In brief: Grinding/clenching??

Dr. Jeffrey Bassman
Dr. Jeffrey Bassman
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham