I had a left inguinal hernia surgery (open repair) without mesh in 2010. From a year when i ejaculate i feel pain & weakness at surgical side.Reason?

Dr. James Goodyear
General Practice

In brief: Post Hernia Pain ,

There are many causes of chronic pain in the area of prior inguinal hernia repair.
The risk has been reported about 6% regardless of the method of repair ; whether or not mesh is used. Irritation of nerves in this area, inflammation of scar tissue ; adjacent structures, ; even recurrence of the hernia are all possible causes. Complete exam/eval by an experienced hernia surgeon is needed in cases.

In brief: Post Hernia Pain ,

Dr. James Goodyear
Dr. James Goodyear
Dr. Paul Harper
Surgery

In brief: Hard to say.

There are several issues which could be the cause of this.
When a hernia done you tend to form scar, with or without a mesh. It could be that your vas deferens or the nerves in your groin are entrapped in scar which could cause pain. As far as feeling weakness i'm not sure what that means. I suggest you see your doctor or your surgeon for another opinion.

In brief: Hard to say.

Dr. Paul Harper
Dr. Paul Harper
Dr. Buck Parker
Board Certified, Surgery