I have recently got over a sore throat however I have one swollen lymph node on my neck, . Is this serious?

Dr. Sewa Legha
Internal Medicine - Oncology

In brief: Probably not

Neck nodes can enlarge during a cold.
It takes them several weeks to slowly regress. Keep an eye on it for a month or two. If it gets any larger than it is now, you need to have an examination from your doctor to make sure the node is not enlarging due to cancer. But there is no immediate concerns.

In brief: Probably not

Neck nodes can enlarge during a cold.
Dr. Sewa Legha
Dr. Sewa Legha
Dr. Marwan Akasheh
Internal Medicine - Hematology & Oncology

In brief: Cervical lymph node

Single cervical lymph node need not to be worrisome they are common after acute infection and it will subside shortly if not do not take any action unless you feel more lymph nodes growing nearby or it gets bigger and bigger or you get additional symptoms such as fevers and sweating.

In brief: Cervical lymph node

Dr. Marwan Akasheh
Dr. Marwan Akasheh
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine