How do I treat my child's chronic runny nose?

Dr. Amrita Dosanjh
Pediatrics - Pulmonology
In brief: Workup and mgt
I would suggest an evaluation for chronic sinusitis, allergies and a CF sweat test.
Having your child blow her nose into a tissue, the use of pediatric nasal saline and avoiding triggers of the symptoms is also recommended.

In brief: Workup and mgt
Dr. Amrita Dosanjh
Dr. Amrita Dosanjh
Dr. Teresa Carson
In brief: Cause is first
First find out the cause -- allergies, constant irritation from tobacco or scented products, or perhaps the 10 URIs children get each year, often back-to-back.
Eliminate the possible cause, moisturize the nasal passages, use a humidifier in dry rooms, and try an antihistamine. If not better, your MD may suggest ENT/allergy evaluation.

In brief: Cause is first
Dr. Teresa Carson
Dr. Teresa Carson
Dr. Adam Smith