I have been on lexotan 3mg for 17 years. I had been taking when i need it. But now my anxiety isnt good so I am taking it everyday.

Dr. Sara Buckley
Clinical Psychology

In brief: Lexotan/bromazepam

Is a sedative, that acts on the same brain centers as alcohol.
Both are calming, both are potentially addictive, and both can actually increase anxiety with long-term use. Anxiety is a natural response to danger -think 'fight or flight'- but when experienced every day, it's out of control. You can learn to control your anxiety w/cognitive-behavioral therapy rather than relying on a drug.

In brief: Lexotan/bromazepam

Dr. Sara Buckley
Dr. Sara Buckley
Dr. Marc Zimmermann

In brief: Perhaps change

There are many medications for anxiety.
In addition, there are behavioral interventions that are effective. If your medication is not as effective as it used to be, i would suggest you contact your doctor to discuss options.

In brief: Perhaps change

There are many medications for anxiety.
Dr. Marc Zimmermann
Dr. Marc Zimmermann
Dr. Eric Weisman