Doc prescribed me miralax (polyethylene glycol) twice a day and told me to drink with prune juice for each dose. Should he monitor my electrolytes are if it safe?

Dr. James Lin
Urology

In brief: Ask your doctor!

Known to many like you, most patients with gilbert's still live a "normal" life like others.
But, whatever born and built inside you would not change forever, but practicing healthy lifestyle without overindulgence and obsession will benefit every willing soul to live a better longer life. It's unnecessary to do electrolyte test if known to have normal kidney function. If in doubt, ask doctor.

In brief: Ask your doctor!

Dr. James Lin
Dr. James Lin
Dr. Adam Smith